Big event in my city Rajkot – Half Marathon. I am really very excited to be a part of this event. Really its a time to feel proud for our city. First let me tell you about Rajkot, clean, organised and peaceful city of Gujarat. People of Gujarat called it “Rangilu Rajkot”.
- Now lets come to the main point of this post Rajkot Half Marathon.
- The Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC) in association with Rajkot City Police will organise Rajkot cityâ€™s first â€œHalf Marathonâ€ on 24th January 2016.
- Rajkot Half Marathon 2016 will be of 21 km run.
- RMC Commissioner Vijay Nehra said that â€œA special website has been launched for registration purpose.
- The â€œHalf Marathonâ€ termed it as â€œGrandâ€ event.
- Rajkot Half Marathon 2016 idea/Concept is to create awareness about traffic and cleanliness.
- Vijay Nehra said that â€œWe are expecting that over 12,000 people will participate in this half marathon. And athletes from across the country will be approached to take part in this half marathon.
Rajkot Half Marathon 2016
Date: 24 January 2016
Starting Point: Race Course Ground, Rajkot
Ending Point: 150 ft Ring Road, Rajkot
Rajkot Half Marathon 2016 Categories, Distance and Participation Fees:
Half Marathon Run:
- Race Distance: 21 Km
- Fees: Rs 300
- Race Distance: 10 Km
- Fees: Rs 200
- Race Distance: 5 Km
- Fees: Rs 100
Senior Citizen Run:
- Race Distance: 2.5 Km
- Fees: Rs 100
Differently Abled Citizen run:
- Race Distance: 1 Km
- Fees: NIL
RMC official said that the fund will collect through the event will be equally utilized for traffic education fund and cleanliness driver (Swachhta Nidhi).
Prizes and Rewards:
There are lots of other prizes in different categories. You can check that from the official site of this eventÂ http://www.rajkotmarathon.com/.
Top Sponsors of the Events are:
http://www.rajkotmarathon.com/ this is the official site of the event here you can check your registration status. My registration is done for Fun Run 5KM very exited wish me luck.
Hope all of you will find this post informative.
Thank you, I really liked it! Do more similar posts, please)